- Drain the engine coolant below the level of the engine coolant temperature (ECT) sensor.
- Remove the engine appearance cover.
- Disconnect the ECT sensor harness connector.
- Remove the ECT sensor.
- Apply thread sealant to sensor threads.
- Install the ECT sensor and tighten to 17 ft. lbs. (23 Nm).
- Connect the ECT sensor harness connector. Push in the connector until a click is heard, then pull back to confirm a positive engagement.
- Install the engine appearance cover.
- Fill engine coolant to proper level.