Removal & Installation
- Remove the crankshaft damper.
Pry out the crankshaft front oil seal using a suitable tool. Use care not to damage the engine front cover or the crankshaft.
- Inspect the crankshaft, the crankshaft balancer and the engine front cover for wear and/or damage.
- Replace the components as necessary.
- Align tool J 35468, or equivalent and the crankshaft front oil seal with the engine front cover and crankshaft.
- Install the crankshaft front oil seal using the installer and a suitable tool.
- Install the crankshaft damper.