- Clean all parts of sludge, oil, and varnish by soaking in cleaning solvent.
- Inspect for foreign material and determine the source of the foreign material.
- Inspect the pump housing and cover for cracks or casting imperfections, scoring or damaged threads.
- Do not attempt to repair the pump housing. Replace the pump housing.
- Inspect the oil pump gears for scoring or excessive wear.
- Inspect the idler shaft for looseness or scoring. If loose or damaged, replace the oil pump.
- Inspect the drive gear shaft for looseness, scoring and rounding of the corners.
- Inspect the pressure regulator valve for scoring. Sticking Burrs may be removed using a fine oil stone.
- Inspect the pressure regulator valve spring for bending or loss of tension.
Removal & Installation
- Install the oil pump.
- Position the oil pump onto the pins.
- Install the oil pump bolt attaching the oil pump to the rear crankshaft bearing cap. Tighten the oil pump bolt to 41 Nm (30 ft. lbs.).