Removal & Installation
- Remove the valve rocker arm cover.
- Remove the rocker arm bolt(s).
- Remove the valve rocker arm(s) and the pushrod(s).
Coat the ends of the push rods using prelube GM P/N 1052367 (Canadian P/N 992869) or the equivalent.
NOTEThe intake valve push rods measure 146.0 mm (5.75 in) in length. The exhaust valve push rods measure 152.5 mm (6.0 in) in length.
- Install the push rods in their original location.
Coat the rocker arm friction surfaces using prelube GM P/N 1052367 (Canadian P/N 992869) or the equivalent.
NOTEShims may be required under the valve rocker arm pedestals if reconditioning has been performed on the cylinder head or its components.
- Install the valve rocker arms in their original positions.
- Install the valve rocker arm bolts. Tighten the bolts to 31 ft. lbs. (42 Nm) .
- Install the valve rocker arm cover.