Removal & Installation
- Remove the engine appearance cover.
- Release the clamp from the brake booster vacuum hose connection.
- Disconnect the brake booster vacuum hose from the intake manifold.
- Disconnect the left side spark plug wires from the retainers and from the spark plugs.
- Remove the ignition control module bracket from the engine with the ignition control module and spark plug wires still attached.
- Remove the air cleaner intake duct.
- Remove the heater outlet pipe nut from the upper intake manifold.
- Remove the heater outlet pipe nuts and bolt from the throttle body.
- Position the heater outlet pipe out of the way without disconnecting the heater hoses.
- Remove the EGR pipe.
- Remove the PCV foul air hose.
- Loosen but do not completely remove the alternator attachment bolt most near the intake manifold.
- Remove the alternator brace nut.
- Remove the alternator brace.
- Remove the upper intake manifold bolts.
- Remove the spark plug wire retainer.
- Remove the upper intake manifold.
Remove the upper intake manifold gaskets.
- Install the upper intake manifold gaskets to the lower intake manifold and install the fir tree retainers to retain the upper intake manifold gasket position.
- Install the upper intake manifold.
- Install the spark plug wire retainer.