Removal & Installation
- Remove the lower control arm.
- Place the control arm in a vise or suitable holding device.
Remove the ball joint rivets using the following procedure:
- Drill through the rivets using a 5 / 16 in. (8 mm) drill bit.
- Enlarge the hole using a 31 / 64 in. (12 mm) drill bit.
- Remove any remaining burs from the control arm.
- Remove the ball joint from the control arm. Note the position of the ball joint for reassembly.
Install the ball joint to the control arm as previously noted.
WARNINGOnly use hardware provided with the new ball joint. The bolts must be installed with the bolt head on top of the ball joint.
- Install the ball joint to control arm bolts. Tighten the bolts and nuts to 50 ft. lbs. (68 Nm).
- Install the lower control arm.