The wheel bearings are not adjustable and must be replaced if necessary.
Removal & Installation
- Remove the rear brake drum, 2005-06 models.
- Remove the rear brake rotor, 2007 models.
- On vehicles with all-wheel drive, remove the halfshaft spindle nut.
Disconnect the wheel speed sensor electrical connector, if equipped.
NOTEDo not damage the halfshaft joint seal.
- Support the halfshaft with heavy mechanic's wire, or equivalent.
- Remove the wheel bearing/hub mounting bolts.
Remove the wheel bearing/hub assembly from the suspension knuckle.
- Install the wheel bearing/hub assembly to the steering knuckle.
Install the wheel bearing/hub mounting bolts. Tighten the bolts as follows:
2005-06 Models: 62 ft. lbs. (84 Nm)
- On all-wheel drive vehicles, install the halfshaft spindle nut. Tighten the nut to 92 ft. lbs. (125 Nm).
- If equipped, route the wheel speed sensor electrical harness through the backing plate and seat the grommet.
- Connect the wheel speed sensor electrical connector.
- Install the rear brake drum or brake rotor.