- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the front wheels.
Loosen the tie rod inner jam nut. Mark the location of the nut before removing.
- Remove the tie rod-to-knuckle nut and discard.
Using Special Tool J-24319-B or suitable tie rod puller, separate the tie rod from the steering knuckle.
Remove the outer tie rod from the inner tie rod.
- Install the outer tie rod to the inner tie rod.
- Connect the tie rod to the knuckle. Install a new tie rod retention nut and tighten to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm) plus 90°.
- Install the front wheels.
- Check the wheel alignment.