Removal & Installation
- Raise and properly support the vehicle.
- Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
- Remove cotter pin (if equipped) and the nut from outer tie rod stud.
- Loosen the jam nut on the inner tie rod assembly.
Disconnect the outer tie rod assembly from the steering knuckle using J 24319 or equivalent.
Remove the outer tie rod assembly from the inner tie rod assembly.
- Connect the outer tie rod assembly to the inner tie rod. Do not tighten the jam nut.
- Connect the outer tie rod assembly to the steering knuckle.
Install outer tie rod nut to the outer tie rod stud.
- Tighten the outer tie rod nut to 33-37 ft. lbs. (45-50 Nm) on 2005-06 models or 44 ft. lbs. (60 Nm) on 2007 models.
If equipped with cotter pin install new cotter pin. If necessary further tighten nut until holes align and install cotter pin.
NOTEIf equipped with rack an pinion steering, make sure the rack and pinion boot is not twisted after the toe adjustment.
- Check and adjust the wheel alignment as necessary.
- Tighten jam nut.