Removal & Installation
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the tire and wheel.
- Remove the wheel hub and bearing.
- Support the lower control arm with a suitable jack.
- Disconnect the outer tie rod from the knuckle.
- Remove the brake hose bracket retaining bolt from the knuckle.
- Remove the retaining nut and separate the upper and lower ball joints from the steering knuckle using a ball joint remover and adapters.
Remove the steering knuckle.
- Clean all grease and contaminants from the tapered section and the threads of the upper ball joint, the lower ball joint, and the tie rod end.
- Clean and inspect the taper holes and the mounting surfaces of the steering knuckle. If any of the tapered holes are elongated, out of round, or damaged, the replace the steering knuckle.
- Install the steering knuckle.
- Connect the lower ball joint to the steering knuckle and install the retaining nut and tighten to 74 ft. lbs. (100 Nm).
- Connect the upper ball joint to the steering knuckle and install the retaining nut and tighten to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm).
- Install the brake hose bracket retaining bolt to the knuckle.
- Connect the outer tie rod to the steering knuckle.
- Install the wheel hub and bearing.
- Install the tire and wheel.
- Remove the safety stands.
- Lower the vehicle .