Removal & Installation
The brake rotor can be removed without separating the caliper from the mounting bracket.
- Release the parking brake.
- Remove 2 / 3 of the brake fluid from the master cylinder.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
- Remove the caliper and mounting bracket as an assembly.
- Hang the caliper and mounting bracket assembly from the suspension using mechanics wire.
Remove the rotor. Slowly turn the rotor while pulling the rotor away from the axle.
NOTEIf the rotor is stuck to the hub, try using a slide hammer to free it.
- Thoroughly clean any rust or corrosion from the mating surface of the hub/axle flange.
- Thoroughly clean any rust or corrosion from the mating surface and mounting surface of the brake rotor.
- Inspect the mating surfaces of the hub/axle flange and the rotor to ensure that there are no foreign particles or debris remaining.
- Install the rotor. Slowly turn the rotor while pushing the rotor towards the axle.
- Install the caliper and the mounting bracket as an assembly.
- Install the tire and wheel assembly.
- Lower the vehicle.