Removal & Installation
- Make sure ignition switch in I the OFF position.
- Remove the engine cover.
- If the distributor cap is going to be replaced tag (number) and disconnect the ignition wires from distributor cap.
- Remove the two screws holding the distributor cap to the housing and remove distributor cap.
Remove the two screws holding the rotor and remove the rotor.
- Note which holes in the rotor the screws are removed from.
- Install the rotor and tighten the screws.
- Install the distributor cap and tighten the screws to 21 inch lbs (2.4 Nm).
If removed, reconnect ignition wires.
- Observe the tags (numbering) to make sure the ignition wires are reconnected to the proper sockets on the distributor cap.
- Install the engine cover.
If the Malfunction Indicator Lamp turns on, and a DTC code P1345 sets after installing the distributor, this indicates an incorrectly installed distributor. Engine damage or distributor damage may occur.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Turn the ignition switch OFF .
Remove or disconnect the following:
Spark plug wires from the distributor cap
- Installation is the reverse of removal.