Removal & Installation
Refer to the Timing Chain Cover and Seal procedure.6.5L Engine
The front cover does not have to be removed for seal replacement.
- Disconnect both the battery negative cables from the batteries.
- Remove the upper fan shroud from the radiator.
- Remove the drive belt from the drive pulleys.
- Raise the vehicle and support with safety stands.
- Remove the lower radiator shrouds from the radiators.
- Remove the crankshaft balancer from the crankshaft.
- Remove the crankshaft front cover oil seal from the engine front cover by carefully prying it out, without nicking the crankshaft.
- Use a seal driver to install a new crankshaft front cover oil seal.
- Install the crankshaft balancer to the crankshaft.
- Install the lower radiator shrouds to the radiator.
- Remove the safety stands and lower the vehicle.
- Install the drive belt on the drive pulleys.
- Install the upper fan shroud to the radiator.
- Connect both the battery negative cables to the batteries.