Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the wheel.
- Install a spring compressor and compress the coil spring.
- Using a jackstand or suitable equivalent, support the lower control arm.
- Remove the lower control arm-to-knuckle bolt.
- Lower the control arm and remove the coil spring.
- Position the coil spring onto the lower control arm.
- Raise the lower control arm into position.
- Install the lower control arm-to-knuckle bolt and tighten to 44 ft. lbs. (60 Nm) plus 60 degrees.
- Remove the spring compressor.
- Install the wheel.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Disconnect the Real Time Damping (RTD) sensor, if equipped.
- Remove the lower shock absorber nuts and bolt from the rear axle.
Lower the rear axle until the springs are fully unloaded.
- Remove the spring and the upper and lower insulators.
- Position the spring and the upper and lower insulators.
- Install the rear spring to the rear axle.
- Raise the rear axle. Install the lower shock absorber nuts to the rear axle.
- Connect the RTD sensor, if equipped.
- Remove the rear axle support. Lower the vehicle.