Removal & Installation
- Recover the refrigerant.
- With the vehicle in NEUTRAL, position it on a hoist.
- Remove the auxiliary evaporator outlet and inlet line rear fitting nuts and disconnect the fittings
Remove the auxiliary line floor pan bracket nuts.
NOTEThe D-pillar bracket will remain in place.
Remove the LH D-pillar trim panel.
NOTEWhen installing, tighten the screws on the high-voltage traction battery (HVTB) first to make sure the duct is sealed correctly.
Remove the battery airflow duct screws, the 1 pin-type retainer and the battery airflow duct assembly.
- Remove the auxiliary climate control fresh air inlet duct nuts.
Remove the auxiliary climate control housing bolts.
- Disconnect the auxiliary airflow mode door actuator electrical connector.
- Remove the auxiliary airflow mode door actuator screws.
- Disconnect the rod.
Remove the auxiliary airflow mode door actuator.
NOTEThe auxiliary climate control housing must be installed behind the lower portion of the D-pillar bracket. When installed correctly, the auxiliary climate control housing bolt will go through the D-pillar bracket first, then through the housing mounting location.
To install, reverse the removal procedure and note the following:
Tighten mode door actuator screws to 18 inch lbs. (2 Nm).
- Evacuate, leak test and charge the refrigerant system.