Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
- Clean the pressure plate and inspect it for burn marks, scores, flatness or ridges, replace if damaged.
- Inspect the pressure plate diaphragm finger for wear, replace if damaged.
- Measure the depth of the rivet heads. Minimum depth is 0.012 inch (0.3mm).
- Inspect the clutch disc for signs of wear and replace if needed.
Check the clutch disc runout. Replace the disc if not with specification: 0.027 inch (0.7mm).
Install or connect the following:
Clutch disc to the flywheel
- Check the transmission fluid level and top off if necessary.