- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Remove the instrument panel center finish pane, as follows:
- Lower the glove compartment door by pressing the glove compartment release tabs inward while pulling downward on the glove compartment.
Disconnect the temperature control cable by positioning the locator pin, releasing the locktab and removing the temperature control cable from the blend door shaft.
- Remove the instrument panel center finish panel and disconnect the electrical connectors.
- Remove the four screws and the climate control assembly.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure.
The ignition switch must be in the OFF position if disconnecting the passenger airbag deactivation (PAD) indicator electrical connector. Otherwise, a DTC will be set in the restraints control module (RCM) memory and must be cleared before releasing the vehicle.
- Position the ignition switch to the OFF position.
- Pull the upper instrument panel center finish panel outward.
- Disconnect the electrical connector.
- Remove the floor console.
- Remove the lower instrument panel center finish panel by pulling outward to release the retaining clips.
- Disconnect the electrical connectors.
- Remove the center instrument panel finish panel.
- Remove the climate control module screws.
- Remove the climate control module.
To install, reverse the removal procedure