Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Place vehicle in neutral with emergency brake on and raise vehicle.
- Remove the pin-type retainer, 5 bolts and the RH splash shield.
- Disconnect the oil pressure switch electrical connector.
- Remove oil pressure switch.
- Apply thread sealant to oil pressure switch.
- Install oil pressure switch.
- Tighten oil pressure switch to 11 ft. lbs (15 Nm).
- Install oil pressure switch electrical connector.
- Install splash shield, retainer and bolts.
- Tighten shield bolts to 80 inch lbs. (9 Nm).
- Lower vehicle.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
Remove the right side splash shield.
NOTEThe A/C compressor has been removed for clarity.
Disconnect the electrical connector, then remove the oil pressure sender.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure. Tighten the oil pressure sender to 10 ft. lbs. (14 Nm) and the right side splash shield retainers to 80 inch lbs. (9 Nm).
- Check oil pressure switch for any signs of oil leakage.
- Check electrical connector for poor connection or damage.
- Verify continuity on circuit and proper gauge operation.
- Remove oil pressure switch and install oil pressure gauge.
- Verify oil pressure 29-39 (psi).
- Suspect faulty oil pressure switch.