Removal & Installation
Throttle body bore and plate area have a special coating and cannot be cleaned, or possible damage to the throttle body can occur.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the air cleaner outlet pipe.
- Remove the upper snow shield screw and pin-type retainer.
- Remove the upper snow shield.
- Detach the accelerator and speed control cables from the throttle body.
- Disconnect the throttle position sensor electrical connector.
- Remove the 4 bolts and the throttle body.
- Inspect the throttle body gasket and install new as necessary.
To install, reverse the removal procedure. Note the following tightening specifications:
- Throttle body bolts: 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Upper snow shield: 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
Do not smoke or carry lighted tobacco or open flame of any type when working on or near any fuel-related components. Highly flammable mixtures are always present and may be ignited. Failure to follow these instructions may result in personal injury.
Throttle body bore and plate area have a special coating and should not be cleaned.
- Remove the air cleaner outlet tube.
Disconnect the accelerator cable and the speed control cable (if equipped) from the throttle body lever.
- Disconnect the Throttle Position (TP) sensor electrical connector.
- Remove the bolt and position the transmission vent tube and bracket aside.
Disconnect and plug the 2 throttle body coolant hoses.