Removal & Installation
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the vacuum line.
Remove the bolts and the fuel pulse damper.
Inspect the O-ring seal and install a new seal if damaged.
WARNINGUse an O-ring seal made of fuel-resistant material. Use of incorrect O-ring seals may result in fuel leakage.
WARNINGNever use silicone grease. Silicone grease may clog the fuel injectors.
NOTELubricate the O-ring seal with clean Super Premium SAE 5W-30 Motor Oil XO-5W30-QSP or equivalent meeting Ford specification WSS-M2C153-G to aid installation.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Tighten the fuel pulse damper bolts to 53 inch lbs. (6 Nm).
- Remove the throttle body, as outlined in this section.
- Disconnect the vacuum hose.
Remove the snapring, then remove the fuel pulse damper.
Remove and discard the O-ring seal.
WARNINGUse an O-ring seal that is made of special fuel resistant material. Use of an ordinary O-ring seal can cause the fuel system to leak. Do not reuse the O-ring seal.
NOTELubricate the O-ring seal with clean engine oil.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.