Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the caliper.
- Remove the rotor.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEThe rear brake pads will wear at approximately twice the rate of the front brake pads.
With the vehicle in NEUTRAL, position it on a hoist.
NOTEThe following steps must be followed to prevent the accumulator from charging and pressurizing the brake system.
- Disconnect the battery.
- Remove the battery junction box (BJB) fuses 24 (50A) and 31 (50A).
- Remove the brake pads.
- Remove the brake disc.
- If the brake disc binds on the parking brake shoe and lining, remove the adjustment hole access plug and retract the parking brake shoe and lining by rotating the adjuster.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure.
- Adjust the parking brake shoe and lining, if necessary.