Removal & Installation
2.0L SOHC SPI Engine
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
- Align the timing marks as shown.
- Refer to the illustration and remove the timing belt as follows:
- Install the timing belt in a counterclockwise direction starting at the crankshaft.
- Remove the drill bit to unlock the timing belt tensioner.
- Rotate the crankshaft two complete turns and check that the timing marks align.
- Tighten the tensioner bolt to 15-22 ft. lbs. (20-30 Nm).
Install or connect the following:
Crankshaft pulley. Tighten the bolt to 81-96 ft. lbs. (110-130 Nm).
- Start the engine and check for proper operation.