Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Remove the master cylinder reservoir cap and check the fluid level in the reservoir. Remove brake fluid until the reservoir is 1 / 2 full. Discard the removed fluid.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- Inspect the brake rotor. Resurface or replace if needed.
- Use a suitable tool to push the piston into the brake caliper bore.
- Apply a suitable grease between the shims and the disc brake pad guide plates.
Install or connect the following:
Brake pads and shims on the brake caliper
- Pump the brake pedal several times prior to moving the vehicle to position the brake pads.
- Check the fluid level in the master cylinder reservoir and fill as needed.
- Road test the vehicle and check for proper brake system operation.