Removal & Installation
Remove the fuel tank.
CAUTIONThe fuel vapor vent valves are repaired as an assembly only. Care should be taken upon removal. Do not pull on the stub pipe of the valve. Only pull or pry on the body or the flange. Failure to do so can cause damage to the evaporative emission valve assembly or the fuel tank.
- Remove the fuel vapor valve assembly. Alternating from side to side, gently lever the valve out. Grasp the valve firmly and apply upward pressure.
- Install the fuel vapor valve assembly rubber grommets in the fuel tank.
- Install the fuel vapor valve assembly.
- Install the fuel tank.
- Carry out the evaporative emission system leak test.
- Carry out the evaporative emission repair verification drive cycle.