Removal & Installation
- Remove the strut assembly.
Place the strut assembly in a vise.
CAUTIONAlways take the necessary precautions when using a spring compressor
- Install a suitable spring compressor tool onto the coil spring and compress the spring.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Rear strut assembly top mounting cover
- Place the strut assembly in a vise.
Install or connect the following:
Strut insulator and spring
Use the spring compressor tool to compress the strut spring.
Strut insulator and the retainer
- Be sure the spring is properly aligned and carefully release the spring into the seats of the strut.
- Remove the spring compressor from the coil spring.
- Install the strut assembly.