Removal & Installation
- With the vehicle in NEUTRAL, position it on a hoist.
- Remove the engine cooling fan lower shroud.
- Rotate the tensioner clockwise and remove the accessory drive belt from the crankshaft pulley.
- Remove the crankshaft pulley bolt and washer. Discard the crankshaft pulley bolt
- Remove the crankshaft pulley using a suitable pulling tool.
Apply silicone gasket and sealant to the Woodruff key slot in the crankshaft pulley.
NOTEIf not secured within four minutes, the sealant must be removed and the sealing area cleaned. To clean the sealing area, use silicone gasket remover and metal surface prep. Follow the directions on the packaging. Failure to follow this procedure can cause future oil leakage.
- Lubricate the crankshaft pulley sealing area with clean engine oil prior to installation
Using the special tool, install the crankshaft pulley.
Install the bolt and washer. Tighten the bolt in four stages.
- Stage 1: Tighten to 66 ft. lbs. (90 Nm)
- Stage 2: Loosen the bolt 360 degrees
- Stage 3: Tighten to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm)
- Stage 4: Tighten an additional 90 degrees.
- Rotate the tensioner clockwise and install the accessory drive belt onto the crankshaft pulley.
- Install the engine cooling fan lower shroud.