Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the transmission.
- Remove the 8 bolts and the flexplate
Using the special tools 303-514 and 100-001, remove the crankshaft oil slinger.
Using the special tools 303-519 and 100-001, remove the crankshaft rear seal.
- Lubricate the inner lip of the crankshaft rear seal with clean engine oil.
Using the special tools 303-516 and 303-518, install a new crankshaft rear seal.
Using the special tools 303-516, 303-517 and 303-518, install a new crankshaft rear oil slinger.
Install the flexplate and tighten the 8 bolts in the sequence shown to 59 ft. lbs. (80 Nm).
- Install the transmission.