Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Release the fuel system pressure.
- Drain the fuel tank.
- If equipped, remove the four nuts and the fuel tank skid plate.
- Disconnect the two vapor tubes at the rear of the fuel tank.
- Disconnect the vapor tube and the fuel filter outlet tube forward of the fuel tank.
Disconnect the vapor tube from the Evaporative Emissions (EVAP) system dust separator.
CAUTIONDo not support the fuel tank directly beneath the fuel pump mounting area. Damage to the fuel pump assembly can occur.
Position a suitable jack under the fuel tank.
NOTEThe location of the fuel vent hose is critical to fuel system operation. Note the routing of the fuel vent hose at this time.
- Remove the two bolts and the fuel tank front and rear support straps. Lower the front of the fuel tank approximately 25 mm (1 in).
- Disconnect the vent tube from the fuel pump module.
- Disconnect the fuel pump module and fuel pressure transducer electrical connectors.
- Remove the fuel tank from the vehicle.
- Disconnect the fuel and vapor tubes from the fuel pump module.
Using the lock ring removal tool 310-123, remove the fuel pump lock ring.
CAUTIONNote the location of the fuel pump alignment tabs.
CAUTIONCarefully remove the fuel pump assembly to avoid damaging the fuel level sensor.
- Remove the fuel pump module assembly. Discard the O-ring seal
Installation is the reverse of removal. Note the following torque specifications:
- Fuel tank front and rear support straps bolts to 35 ft. lbs. (47 Nm).
- If equipped, fuel tank skid plate nuts to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).