The electrical connector is located on the left hand frame rail under the driver side door.
- Disconnect the electrical connector.
- Start the engine and allow it to idle until it stalls.
- After the engine stalls, crank the engine for approximately 5 seconds to make sure the fuel rail pressure has been released.
- Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
When fuel system service is complete, connect the electrical connector.
NOTEIt may take more than one key cycle to pressurize the fuel system.
- Cycle the ignition key and wait three seconds to pressurize the fuel system. Check for leaks before starting the engine.
- Install the diagnostic tool. Turn the key ON with the engine OFF. Cycle the key OFF, then ON. Select the appropriate vehicle and engine qualifier. Clear all diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) and carry out a PCM reset.
- Start the vehicle and check the fuel system for leaks