This is a sealed unit and no adjustment is required or possible.
Removal & Installation
The electrical power to the air suspension system must be shut off prior to hoisting, jacking or towing an air suspension vehicle. This can be accomplished by turning off the air suspension switch located in the left hand rear quarter trim panel. Failure to do so can result in unexpected inflation or deflation of the air springs, which can result in shifting of the vehicle during these operations.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- If equipped, turn the air suspension switch to the OFF position.
Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
NOTEHave an assistant press the brake pedal to keep the axle from rotating.
- Remove and discard the rear axle wheel hub retainer and the washer.
Using a suitable hub puller, separate the outboard CV joint from the wheel hub.
CAUTIONDo not allow the caliper to hang from the brake hose or damage to the hose can result.
- Remove the caliper anchor plate bolts, and position the caliper, pads and anchor plate aside.
- Remove the rotor.
- Disconnect the wheel speed sensor electrical connector and detach the retainer.
- Remove the bolt and detach brake line the retainers.
- Remove the bolts, the wheel bearing and the wheel speed sensor as an assembly.
- Route the sensor wiring through the access hole in the brake shield and discard the bolts.
Installation is the reverse of removal, please note the following torque specifications:
- Wheel bearing bolts: tighten to 185 Nm (136 ft. lbs.).
- Caliper anchor plate bolts: Tighten to 190 Nm (140 ft. lbs.).
- New rear axle wheel hub retainer and the washer: Tighten to 300 Nm (221 ft. lbs.).