- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Drain the engine cooling system.
- If replacing the thermostat housing, disconnect the upper radiator hose from the thermostat.
- Remove the 2 bolts, the thermostat housing and the thermostat. Discard the O-ring seal.
- Inspect the mating surfaces. Clean the sealing surfaces with metal surface prep.
- Install a new O-ring seal.
To install, reverse the removal procedure and note the following:
- Tighten thermostat housing bolts to 89 inch. lbs. (10 Nm).