The PCM carries out the following functions:
Removal & Installation
- Remove the air cleaner (4.6L engine only).
Disconnect the RH front wheel speed sensor electrical connector. Remove the nuts and position the A/C tube brackets and wiring harness aside.
- Disconnect the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) connectors.
- Remove the bolts and the PCM.
- Install the PCM and bolts. Tighten to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Connect the PCM electrical connectors.
- Position the wiring harness and the A/C tube brackets and install the nuts. Connect the RH front wheel speed sensor electrical connector. Tighten the nuts to 62 inch lbs. (7 Nm).
If removed, install the air cleaner.
CAUTIONThe following steps require special equipment and instructions. Refer the vehicle to a qualified repair facility.
- Restore the module configuration. Carry out the module configuration restore steps of the Programmable Module Installation procedure.
- Reprogram the passive anti-theft system (PATS). Carry out the Parameter Reset procedure.