Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the -Precautions- section.
- Measure the distance from the center of the hub to the lip of the fender with the vehicle in a level, static ground position (curb height).
- Remove and discard the 3 shock absorber upper mount nuts.
- With the vehicle in NEUTRAL, position it on a hoist.
- Using a suitable jack, support the lower control arm near the lower ball joint.
- Remove and discard the stabilizer bar link nut and grommet and then remove the stabilizer bar link assembly.
- Remove the shock absorber lower bolt and flag nut.
Remove and discard the upper ball joint nut.
CAUTIONDo not use a hammer to separate the ball joint from the wheel knuckle or damage to the wheel knuckle can result.
- Using the proper separator tool, separate the upper ball joint from the wheel knuckle.
While lowering the suspension, remove the shock and spring assembly.
- Position the shock absorber and spring assembly and raise the suspension into normal position.
- Install a new upper ball joint nut. Torque to 41 ft. lbs. (55 Nm).
- Install the lower shock absorber bolt and flag nut. Torque to 258 ft. lbs. (350 Nm).
- Install a new stabilizer bar link nut and grommet. Torque to 26 ft. lbs. (35 Nm).
- Install 3 new upper shock mounting nuts. Torque to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle.