The control arm bushings are not serviceable. If they require service, the upper or lower arm must be replaced.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
Measure the distance from the center of the hub to the lip of the fender with the vehicle in a level, static ground position (curb height).
- With the vehicle in NEUTRAL, position it on a hoist.
- Using a suitable jack support the lower control arm near the lower ball joint.
- Remove and discard the upper ball joint nut.
- Using the proper separator tool, separate the upper ball joint from the wheel knuckle.
Using a plastic tie strap, support the suspension at the wheel knuckle.
- Remove the 2 upper arm bolts and flag nuts and the upper arm.
- Position the upper arm and install the bolts and flag nuts. Torque to 111 ft. lbs. (150 Nm).
- With the jack still under the lower arm, remove the plastic tie strap.
- Insert the upper ball joint stud into the wheel knuckle. Install a new nut and torque to 41 ft. lbs. (55 Nm).
- Check and, if necessary, align the front end.