Refer to the -Parking Brake Cable Tension Release- adjustment procedure.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the -Precautions- section and the -Brake Service Precautions- section.
- Remove the rear brake disc.
- Remove the parking brake shoe adjusting screw.
- Remove the parking brake shoe adjusting screw spring.
- Remove the 2 parking brake shoe hold-down springs and pins.
Remove the parking brake shoe retracting spring and the parking brake shoes.
- Position the parking brake shoes and attach the retracting spring.
- Install the 2 parking brake shoe hold-down pins and springs.
Install the parking brake shoe adjusting screw spring.
NOTECompletely retract the parking brake adjusting screw before installation.
- Install the brake shoe adjusting screw.
- Use a brake adjusting gauge to measure the inside diameter of the parking brake drum.
- Adjust the parking brake shoe clearance of 0.04 inch (1.07 mm) less than the inside diameter of the parking brake drum. Make sure that the parking brake shoes are correctly centered and measure across the center point of the shoes. Rotate the parking brake shoe adjuster wheel to achieve the correct parking brake shoe-to-brake disc clearance.
- Install the rear brake disc.
- To reload the tension on the parking brake cable, follow the release procedure in reverse.