Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the -Precautions- section.
- Remove the shock absorber and spring assembly.
- Using a suitable spring compressor, compress the spring until the tension is released from the shock absorber.
- While holding the flats of the washer, remove and discard the center nut.
- Remove the shock absorber.
- Remove the upper washer.
- Remove the upper shock absorber mount and bushing.
- Carefully release the compressor and remove the coil spring.
- Assembly is the reverse of the disassembly procedure.
Always install a new shock absorber-to-upper mount nut. Torque as follows: