Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Raise and properly support the vehicle.
NOTEThe area around the electric hydraulic control unit (EHCU) MUST be free from loose dirt to prevent contamination of disassembled ABS components.
- Thoroughly wash all contaminants from around the EHCU.
Remove the mounting screws that fasten the EBCM to the brake pressure modulator valve (BPMV).
- Remove the EBCM from the BPMV. Removal may require a light amount of force.
- Remove the EBCM from the vehicle.
- Clean the BPMV to EBCM mounting surfaces with a clean cloth.
- Install the EBCM to the BPMV.
- Install the new EBCM screws.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- If a new EBCM was installed, the EBCM must be programmed.
- Turn the ignition to the ON position. DO NOT start the engine.
- Using a scan tool, perform the Diagnostic System Check.