Removal & Installation
Remove the negative battery cable.
NOTEThe area around the EHCU MUST be free from loose dirt to prevent contamination of disassembled ABS components.
- Thoroughly wash all contaminants from around the EHCU.
Disconnect the chassis electrical harness connectors from the EBCM.
NOTEMake sure that brake lines are tagged and kept in order for proper reassembly.
- Disconnect the brake lines from the BPMV.
- Remove the bolts securing the EHCU mounting bracket to the frame rail.
Remove the EHCU assembly from the vehicle.
- Remove the bolts securing the BPMV mounting bracket to the BPMV.
- Disconnect the 2 way ABS pump motor connector.
Remove the bolts from the EBCM.
NOTEDo not reuse the EBCM mounting bolts. Always install new bolts.
- Remove the EBCM from the BPMV. Removal may require a light amount of force.
- Clean the EBCM to BPMV mounting surfaces with a clean cloth.
Install the EBCM onto BPMV.
NOTEDo not reuse the old mounting bolts. Always install new bolts with the new BPMV.
- Install the four EBCM bolts.
- Connect the 2 way ABS pump motor connector to the EBCM.
- Install the BPMV to BPMV bracket.
- Install the BPMV to bracket retaining bolts.
Install the EHCU assembly to the vehicle frame.
- Tighten the three EHCU bracket bolts.
Connect the chassis electrical harness connectors to the EBCM.
NOTEThe brake pipes are held in the proper place by a frame mounted plastic bracket. Make sure that the brake pipes stay in the correct place for proper reassembly.
- Install the brake pipes to the BPMV.
- Connect negative battery cable.
- Bleed the brake system.