Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cables.
Locate the pump on the left frame rail and disconnect the electrical lead from the pump and the harness from the pump support bracket.
- Use two open end wrenches and disconnect the fuel lines at the pump.
- Remove the pump support bracket screws and remove it from the brake lines.
- Remove the pump and bracket.
- Attach the pump and bracket to the frame rail.
- Attach the support bracket to the brake lines.
- Connect the fuel lines to the pump.
- Connect the harness to the bracket and then connect the lead to the pump.
- Connect the batteries.
Disconnect the negative battery cable.
NOTEClean the fuel connections before disconnecting them to prevent fuel system contamination. Cap the lines to prevent leakage and contamination.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure and open the fuel filler cap.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Detach the electrical connector from the pump.
- Disconnect the fuel lines from the pump, then slide the pump out of its bracket.
- Install the pump using new O-rings. Tighten the fittings to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm).
- Engage the electrical connection and install the fuel filler cap.
Purge the fuel system of air. Start the vehicle and check for leaks.