Draining Water From The System
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- With the vehicle in NEUTRAL, position it on a hoist.
- Disconnect both battery ground cables.
- Drain the fuel conditioning module by removing the drain plug.
Reinstall the drain plug once the fuel conditioning module is drained.
Removal & Installation
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
CAUTIONDo not smoke or carry lighted tobacco or open flame of any type when working on or near any fuel related component. Highly flammable mixtures are always present and can be ignited, resulting in possible personal injury.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the fuel lines from the fuel filter.
- Remove the fuel filter.
Loosen the fuel filter clamp screw.
NOTEMake sure that an audible click is heard when installing the fuel lines. Pull back on the fuel lines to confirm engagement.
To install, reverse the removal procedure.