Removal & Installation
Automatic Locking Hubs
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- With the vehicle in NEUTRAL, position it on a hoist.
- Remove the dust cap.
- Remove and discard the wheel end nut.
- Remove the vacuum and vent line at the vacuum and vent port of the integrated wheel end.
- Remove the 3 integrated wheel end bolts.
- Remove the tie-rod nut and separate the tie rod from the knuckle.
Remove the upper ball joint nut and separate the upper ball joint from the knuckle.
CAUTIONDo not damage the hub seal.
NOTEAllow the steering knuckle to swing outward while keeping the halfshaft pushed inward.
- Once clearance is available, remove the halfshaft outboard end and integrated wheel end from the hub bearing.
- Remove the integrated wheel end from the halfshaft outboard end.
To install, reverse the removal procedure. Use new a wheel end nut, tie-rod nut, and upper ball joint nut.
CAUTIONDo not install the integrated wheel end in the knuckle. It must be installed on the outer constant velocity joint housing.
CAUTIONDo not dislodge the integrated wheel end seal spring when installing the integrated wheel end on the outer constant velocity joint housing.
NOTECompress the integrated wheel end and install a vacuum cap on the vacuum port.