Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Remove the front wheel.
- Remove the hub extender nuts and the hub extender, if equipped.
- Loosen the hublock screws one to two turns.
- Use a small pry bar around the entire hub flange to release the gasket.
Remove and discard the hublock screws.
NOTEWiggle the axle shaft while sliding the hublock off of the splines to ease removal.
- Use a small pry bar around the entire hub flange and remove the hublock from the wheel hub.
- Remove the old gasket material completely and discard the O-ring.
- Clean the O-ring seal contact area as necessary to provide a good seal.
- Install a new gasket and O-ring on the hublock.
Rotate the hublock dial clockwise to the LOCK position, then apply grease to the inner and outer splines.
NOTEWiggle the axle shaft while sliding the hublock on the splines to ease installation.
- Slowly rotate the wheel hub while installing the hublock into the hub.
- Push the hublock in firmly by hand to seat the O-ring seal completely.
- Rotate the hublock dial counterclockwise to the AUTO position.
- Be sure that the axle shaft turns freely.
- Tighten the new hublock screws to 6 Nm (53 lb-in).
- Install the front wheel hub extender and nuts, if equipped and tighten to 176 Nm (130 lb-ft).
- Install the front wheel.