Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
Support the fuel tank with a jack.
Fuel tank support strap bolts and the fuel tank straps
- Squeeze the locking tabs and remove the fuel pump.
- Install the fuel pump, using a new O-ring or gasket. With plastic tanks, make sure the alignment arrows match.
Installation is the reverse of removal. Note the following torques:
Tighten the fuel tank strap bolts to:
F-150: 35 ft. lbs. (47 Nm)
- Tighten the fuel tank strap bolts to:
Tighten the skid plate bolts to:
F-150: 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm)
- Connect the negative battery cable.