Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise the vehicle and secure on support stands.
- Remove the self-locking nut, steel washer, and rubber bushings at the upper end of the shock absorber.
Remove the bolt and nut at the lower end and remove the shock absorber. If needed, raise the rear axle assembly slightly with a jack.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Tighten the upper and lower mounting nuts to 66 ft. lbs. (90 Nm).
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
WARNINGThe low pressure gas shock absorbers are charged with nitrogen gas. Do not attempt to open, puncture or apply heat to shock absorbers.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Using a suitable jack, support the rear axle.
- Remove the shock absorber lower retaining nut and bolt.
- Remove the nut from the upper shock absorber mounting bracket and remove the shock.
- To install, follow the removal procedure in reverse order, using new fasteners. Torque the upper bolt/nut to 46 ft. lbs. (62 Nm); the lower bolt/nut to 66 ft. lbs. (90 Nm).