Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
- Position a new water pump housing gasket on the water pump sealing surface using gasket sealant to hold the gasket in place.
- Install the water pump and tighten the bolts in the following sequence: tighten the center bolt to 35 inch lbs. (4 nm), loosely install the outer bolts, retighten the center bolt to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm), tighten the outer bolts to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- The remainder of the installation is the reverse of removal.
- Fill and bleed the cooling system.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.