Drain and recycle the engine coolant.
CAUTIONThe brake aspirator tube must be fully seated in the air cleaner outlet pipe or a vacuum leak will occur.
- Disconnect the positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) and brake aspirator tubes from the air cleaner outlet pipe.
- Disconnect the mass air flow (MAF) sensor electrical connector.
- Loosen the air cleaner outlet tube clamp at the electronic throttle body.
- Remove the air cleaner housing cover and outlet tube assembly.
- Disconnect the engine coolant temperature (ECT) sensor electrical connector.
- Remove the hairpin clip and the ECT sensor.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
- Use the alignment notches to correctly align the air cleaner housing cover to the air cleaner tray.
- Lubricate the O-ring seal with clean engine coolant.