Removal & Installation
- Remove the valve covers. See the procedure under cylinder head.
- Remove the spark plugs.
- Remove the right side splash shield.
- Rotate the crankshaft until the camshaft lobe is pointing directly away from the roller follower.
- Using tool no. 303-473, remove the roller followers.
Remove the lash adjusters. If more than adjuster is to be removed, identify each adjuster location.
- Lubricate the lash adjusters clean engine oil and install them in their original locations.
- Reverse the removal procedure to install the remaining components.