Removal & Installation
- Remove and discard 1 / 2 of the brake fluid from the brake master cylinder reservoir.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- Release the tension on the parking brake cable.
- Disconnect the parking brake cable end from the caliper lever and release the cable retainer from the caliper bracket.
- Loosen the brake caliper bolts.
- Remove and discard the caliper anchor bolts.
- Remove the brake pads from the caliper.
- Remove the caliper bolts and separate the caliper from the anchor plate.
- Compress the caliper pistons into the caliper bore.
- Install the anchor plate and tighten the bolts to 81 ft. lbs. (110 Nm).
Retract the disc brake caliper piston fully into the caliper bore using tool no. 206-026.
- Install the spring clips and brake pads in the caliper.
- Install the caliper and tighten the guide pins to 23 ft. lbs. (31 Nm).
- Install the parking brake cable to the caliper.
- Reload the tension on the parking brake cable.
- Bleed the brake system and install the rubber bleeder screw caps when complete.
- Install the wheel and tire assembly.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Pump the brake pedal several times to position the brake pads before attempting to move the vehicle.
- Check and fill the brake master cylinder as required.
- Road-test the vehicle and check for proper brake operation.