Removal & Installation
- Raise the vehicle on a hoist.
- Remove the left and right halfshafts
- Remove the front and rear exhaust pipe nuts.
- Remove the catalytic converter pipe.
- Index mark the driveshaft flange to the output flange.
- Remove the 2 outer driveshaft brace bolts.
- Remove the 6 bolts from the driveshaft flange.
- Remove the upper PTU bracket bolts and the bracket.
- Remove 4 PTU mounting bolts and the PTU.
- Remove the input shaft oil slinger and seal.
- Using a seal installer, install the input shaft seal and oil slinger.
- Position the PTU in place and tighten the bolts to 66 ft. lbs. (90 Nm).
- Install the upper PTU bracket bolts and the bracket and tighten to 41 ft. lbs. (55 Nm).
- Install the left and right halfshafts
- Install the 2 outer driveshaft brace bolts and tighten to 18 ft. lbs. ( 25 Nm).
- Install the 6 bolts to the driveshaft flange and tighten in a criss-cross pattern to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Install the catalytic converter pipe, front and rear exhaust pipe nuts and tighten all fasteners to 30 ft. lbs. (40 Nm).