Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Remove the battery tray.
Disconnect the low brake fluid warning indicator switch electrical connector by pulling back the tab and pressing the clips.
CAUTIONMake sure the filler cap does not become contaminated.
- Remove the reservoir filler cap.
- Using a suitable clean suction device drain the reservoir.
- Install the brake fluid reservoir cap.
Disconnect the electrical connector.
- Remove the battery junction box (BJB).
- Press the locking tabs and disconnect the BJB from the bracket and position aside.
Disconnect the ABS module electrical connector by rotating the connector.
CAUTIONCap the brake lines connections to prevent fluid loss or dirt contamination.
- Disconnect the HCU brake lines.
Remove the brake lines from the clips.
- Disconnect the wiring harness from the wheelhouse assembly.
Remove the HCU support bracket-to-frame bolts.
Remove the HCU bolts and separate the HCU from the support bracket.
Install or connect the following:
NOTEAfter installation, bleed the brake system.
HCU into support bracket and mount to the frame. Tighten the bracket bolts to 80 inch lbs. (9 Nm).